By Beth Lester
1) The Moose Song – Ah, the Moose Song: a truly timeless Camp North Star classic! There’s not a week that goes by where we haven’t sung our favorite song about Fred the moose at camp meeting. It’s impossible to not love!
2) “An Old Austrian” – A less known, but equally as loved song at Camp North Star, “An Old Austrian” is one of the longest, if not the longest of our camp songs. As the verses build on each other, the smiles and giggles build around the campfire ring, and everybody awaits the final “BANG!”
3) “The Littlest Worm” – Everybody loves the song about the littlest worm! Who can resist singing a song about a worm on a drinking straw? The possibility of imminent disaster makes the song one of the most suspenseful ones that we sing! But don’t you fret and don’t you fear! Everything turns out just fine!
4) “Bubble Gum” – Such a silly song! What even is a “lenny?!” And when would one buy just a collar?! Everybody has the Bazooka-zooka Bubble Gum dance down to a science and we love watching everybody do the silly hand motions!
5) The Banana Song – The perfect song for when we all have a lot of energy! At our summer camps, we’re always looking for an excuse to “GO BANANAS, GO GO BANANAS! WHAT?!” and the banana song is perfect for just that!