Tag: camp friends
Camp North Star campers, staff and alumni don’t need to be “under the pines” in Poland, Maine, to feel our camp spirit. It’s certainly not the same feeling however, as when we are together as a camp family during the summer. Over the course of the school year, we enjoy looking at photos of campers and staff seeing each other and reconnecting. And just like that it’s as if you are back at camp with your camp friends. While everyone is back home, there are always signs that tell us all that you or your friends are from Camp North Star. You know you are from Camp North Star when…
1. All the clothes in your closet are dominated by the color of your Eco Team – green, white, blue, or red.
3. Everything you own has your name written or ironed in it. You still find socks with your cabin mates initials embroidered onto it.
4. Throughout the year you are constantly rewriting songs in your head to make them appropriate for camp Sing Out.
5. You hear the number seven and you can’t control your hands banging on the nearest table.
7. You know all the words to “Wagon Wheel”. When you hear it you will belt out the chorus without missing a beat because it takes you back to all those times you were together with your North Star family around the campfire.
8. The disappointment you feel when keep a spotless room all week, and your family doesn’t give you a golden dustpan award.
9. Your alarm ringtone is a bell ringing. You can’t start the day without the sounds of a loud bell because you know that if you wake up to anything else it’s a betrayal to your summer camp self.
10. Your favorite place in the whole world is located under the pines on 200 acres in Poland, Maine.