Join our Team at Camp North Star
Overnight Camp • Poland Spring, Maine
Boys & Girls • Ages 7 – 17
Camp North Star is a coed overnight camp in Poland Spring, Maine. Our camp is an ideal place for teachers, recent college graduates and college students who love their summer filled with children in an active, exciting and FUN atmosphere!
• Last year’s CITs are encouraged to apply.
• New staff must complete 1 year of college before being eligible to be hired.
• All staff are required the be able to work the entire camp season (mid-June through mid- August)
• Must demonstrate prior experience working with youth. Prior summer camp experience is not a requirement but is preferred.
Important Staff Information
• Most positions are residential only and thus require living at camp camp for the entire camp season including staff training
• Compensation for the camp season for cabin counselors new to Camp North Star ranges from $1,700 to $2,100. Compensation for supervisors starts at $2,500. Contact the camp office for compensation information for directors and for staff interested in having their child(ren) attend camp.
Staff Positions Available
Arts – Openings for teachers with experience in video production, photography, painting, ceramics and stained glass.
Athletics – Openings for coaches/athletes with experience in basketball, soccer, and flag football.
Outdoor Adventures – Openings for specialists experienced at facilitating high and low ropes and supervising nature, archery and orienteering.
Swim – Openings for certified lifeguards and WSIs (Water Safety Instructors)
Waterfront – Openings for specialists with experience in Sailing, Wind Surfing and driving a motor boat.
Directions to Apply
1. Complete our online staff application including 3 references.
2. Contact the office to schedule an initial phone call regarding your experience and our available positions.
3. Schedule an interview.
Questions? Contact the camp office at 207-998-4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org